The cartoons, photographs and Poems I place on this sight are my own originals. My art work, my ideas, and my camera. The jokes I place are nothing more than jokes that are some of my favorites. I do not claim in any way that the jokes are mine!

Nov 24, 2009

To Kill a Vampire

(I must admit that the story of the following poem was not my idea, but my real father's. He wrote a short story once about this. Many years later and from memory, I re-wrote it to rhyme for a poem.)

The mansion loomed before us, outlined against the sky
Our spines were chilled, and our hearts were filled
With fear of going inside

We had only a short time, before the sky turned gray
When the creature of the night, spreads its wings in flight
in its search for human prey

As we reached the castle's door, my assistant rang the bell
I was filled with fright, my throat went tight
I shouted "What the Hell!"

The last thing I wanted, was to announce that we were there
To sneak into its keep and kill it in its sleep
was enough for me to bare

I smack him upside the head and tell him to open the door
So he opened it wide and stepped inside
To face whatever was in store

So much time had passed by, when we entered into a room
I caught my breath and went as cold as death
For there was Dracula's tomb

A coffin made of stone, all covered in a layer of dust
My knees were shaking, my nerves were breaking
but remove that lid we must

With a glance out the window, a chill went down my spine
The sun was sliding down, barely above the ground
We were running out of time

With a firm grip upon the lid, we lifted with all our might
With all of our strain, it was simple and plain
The cover was holding tight

So I spat upon my hands, to get a better grip
My assistants cries were not a surprise
For I let the stone cover slip

His fingers I saw were trapped, by the heavy lid of stone
I was sick with despair, In God I do swear
I could hear the crushing of his bones

I couldn't lift the heavy stone, There was no other way to choose
My arms around his chest, I put my strength to the test
And pulled until his fingers popped loose

My assistant had passed out cold, and I really needed a rest
I leaned on the lid and the whole thing slid
SO I reached out and pressed

With ease the cover did move, I was almost too scared to look
So I shoved it open wide, and took a peek inside
and found it filled with books

So I ran to the window, and acknowledged my defeat
As the creature of the night, spread its wings in flight
From the house across the street

No comments:

Post a Comment